Saturday, February 1, 2014

Battling the Flu

This past week has been a challenge for me!  I caught the flu, it got stuck in my net and I couldn't release it.  I don't remember ever sleeping so much in my life! 

It made me so grateful for so many things!  I am so thankful for modern medications that help to relieve fevers and coughing, for thermometers, a soft bed in a warm house, a husband willing to serve-to make sure I ate and kept hydrated, for a daughter who helped with dishes and house work, for a salaried job with built in sick days, for technology to plan a lesson for a sub that can be sent digitally that does not have to be hand delivered, for a wonderful Relief Society counselor-willing to step up and teach an unexpected lesson, for students who behaved better-knowing I didn't feel well, for get well cards, prayers and kindness shown to just another traveler on life's journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment