Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A to Z Challenge, Day 1




A is for Alicia
A to Z Challenge Day 1


I am grateful for the day this beautiful young lady gave me permission to marry her dad and for the privileged to become a part of her life.

Alicia is very strong, independent, and adventurous.   She is a good writer with great ideas.  She brought music into our home when she requested piano lessons, and never quit!  She practiced every day, at home, since her very first lesson, without being reminded.  She is loving and is easy to love.  Alicia is creative and compassionate.  She has the ability to help others in need and to make others feel good about themselves. 

From Alicia I have learned that it is important to make time for fun, to make time to help others, to be more patient and compassionate.  She has reminded me that often times the most difficult challenges help us to grow the most, and that tears and laughter both bring healing and lighten a difficult load.  She has shared with me a love of photography.  She can make and achieve goals. She helps me to remember that life is not a journey to travel alone.  

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful sentiment. She sounds like a beautiful person : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post! Alicia sounds amazing! I don't think I've met her yet. :)

    So glad you decided to do the A to Z challenge!

    ReplyDelete