Thursday, April 24, 2014

A to Z: U is for Umbrella

U is for Umbrella

 

I remember as a little girl watching a movie in which the female lead was dancing with an umbrella.  For days I practiced twirling my umbrella and dancing with it in my room.  After being fussed at for playing with my umbrella, I prayed for rain, just so I had an excuse to play with my umbrella.  Living in Washington state, meant I did not have to wait long to use my umbrella.  I remember getting soaked because I would rather play with the umbrella, in the rain, than use it for protection from the rain.   
   
My daughter Nan, using an umbrella at the temple in Columbia, South Carolina.

1 comment:

  1. I still remember the Mary Poppins umbrella scene, every time I see it in someone's story.
    Washington state is perfect for one. Here in SoCal, we haven't used it in some time, and wish we would soon. Great choice for letter U.
    Silvia @
    SilviaWrites

    ReplyDelete