Saturday, April 12, 2014

A to Z Challenge: K is for Kindness

K is for Kindness

It is amazing how something seemingly small and insignificant can make such a difference.  When I am going through a rough patch on my journey through life, and it seems as though I cannot take another step, and I feel alone, God, my Heavenly Father, reminds me he is near. Usually through the acts of another. I feel his love for me in the random acts of kindness performed by others. 

Some recent acts of kindness that felt like a hug from Heaven:
  • A letter from a former student, telling me how I impacted their live
  • A thank you letter from the parent of a student who has always struggled and is just now seeing their own strengths
  • A student asking if you remember their favorite lesson, one you felt like was a flop
  • A husband who sneaks out at night to fill your car with gas, or to buy a cheese cake
  • A daughter, busy with college and working two jobs, who has find time to make a home cooked supper
  • A child bringing me a half wilted daisy they picked on their way to school.  
  • Flowers in an a Clorox Wipes container, because that is all there was to put them in



     This week I will look for ways to be kinder to others and I will look for the good in others.  



     
     

5 comments:

  1. Kindness is the biggest force in the universe, and it really can change lives. I'm actually dedicating the whole month to it and even just keeping it in my mind changes how I see things.
    Thanks for your post!
    Andrea, #atozchallenge Mighty Minion Asset
    http://12steps2cloud9.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am interested to know about how you feel about yourself and the world around you at the end of the month.

      Delete
  2. Awww! No matter what is going on in your life, when a child shows love or admiration, it somehow makes everything better...temporarily, at least.

    Visiting from the A to Z Challenge signup page. Great to meet you!

    Stephanie Faris, author
    30 Days of No Gossip
    http://stephie5741.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started a challenge 3 years ago to do at least one random act of kindness a day for a year. It felt so good I continued and probably will keep up with forever.
    Happy A-Zing...
    doreenmcgettigan.com

    ReplyDelete